Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcake



Summer is finally here! Pink lemonade is definitely a summer time favorite and I thought it would make for an interesting cupcake, and I was right. This cupcake was a hit amongst my friends and family that tried it. The recipe is VERY easy. However, the two toned frosting can be a little tricky. If you can't get the hang of it, regular piped frosting will work! For this test run, I just added pink lemonade concentrate to a white cake boxed mix. For the future, I will be adding it to the vanilla cake I make from scratch. For the box mix, use 3/4c of the frozen concentrate. If you're a little iffy about lemon flavor (like me), add little by little until you like the taste. I will link the directions that I used to make the two toned frosting. I found them to be very helpful. Good luck and enjoy! :)

Two toned frosting- http://grinandbakeit.com/victory-cupcakes-for-the-crazy-fans-on-the-couch-two-toned-frosting-technique

No comments:

Post a Comment