Sunday, September 12, 2010

Caramel, Chocolate, Toffee Take 1


I'm slowly crossing cupcake ideas off of my cupcake brainstorm list. I decided to start with this one. This is a caramel filled cupcake with little heath pieces mixed into the batter, topped with a chocolate toffee frosting. Right before baking, I pushed a caramel chew in the center of each cupcake. When they are finished, the caramel stays gooey and yummy! The cupcake recipe I used didn't come out very good. The cupcakes were way dense. The frosting was a Hershey's chocolate frosting and it was pretty good! I called this post Take 1 because I plan on revamping this cupcake in the near future. After seeing the finished product I had a few ideas on how to make it even better. All in all, I think this flavor combination was delicious and once it is perfected this cupcake will be available on the Cakes For Days menu. :)

If you haven't already, go "like" Cakes For Days on facebook! www.facebook.com/cakesfordays

No comments:

Post a Comment